The main functions of IndianElectrical Inspectorate Jammu as envisaged under the Indian Electricity Act 2003 and Central Electricity Authority (Measures relating to Safety and Electric Supply) Regulations,
2010 are as follows:
- Scrutiny and approval of electrical installation drawings of Generating Stations of IPPs (Hydel, Thermal, Wind, Diesel, Co-Generation, Bio-mass, etc.) Transmission lines and Sub Stations of Suppliers, Licensees and Consumers.
- To conduct initial Inspection of Medium, High and Extra High Voltage installations including Diesel Generating Sets pertaining to Govt. Departments, Private Institutions, Suppliers/Licensees and other consumers as per provisions of regulation 32, 36 & 43 of Central Electricity Authority (Measures relating to safety & Electric Supply) Regulations 2010.
- To conduct periodical Inspection of Extra High, High and Medium-voltage installations including Diesel Generating Sets pertaining to Govt. Departments, Private Institutions, Suppliers/Licensees and other consumers as per provision of regulation 30 of Central Electricity Authority (Measures relating to safety & Electric Supply) regulations 2010.
- Investigation of fatal, non-fatal electrical accident cases of human beings and animals.
- To conduct examinations for the issue of Supervisors Certificate of Competency and Wireman Permits and renewal thereof every five years.
- To grant exemption from electrical supervisor to qualified Degree, Diploma in Electrical Engineering and wiremen permit an examination to I.T.I. certificate holders in the electrical trade.
- Other miscellaneous duties/works as may be assigned by the Govt. from time to time.
PROCEDURE FOR GRANT OF APPROVAL FOR ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION
- Application complete in all respects should be submitted to the department through Online mode only.
- The application if found correct, the date of inspection to the applicant shall be intimated through mail/sms on registered mobile number.
- The inspecting officer will inspect the installation on scheduled date. If installation is found in order, approval shall be granted immediately through electrical fitness certificate. If any defects/shortcomings/incompletion are observed during the course of inspection, the same shall be intimated to the applicant through email asking him to rectify the same with in the time period stipulated in the inspection report. The applicant shall however be granted provisional approval. If owner/consumer of installation fails to report the compliance within stipulated time period the provisional approve shall automatically stand cancelled and he/she has to apply afresh alongwith requisite inspection fee for obtaining approval.
- On receipt of compliance report from the consumer/owner of the installation if found satisfactory, final approval for the energisation shall be granted immediately.